DUE MAY 29 2020 (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
We are seeking speakers to provide educational sessions at the 2020 BSides Harrisburg. To submit a proposal:
- Review the conference information here, specifically the tracks and sessions requiring speakers.
- Complete the proposal submission form (one form for each proposed session) by Friday, May 29, 2020.
- Look for an email from the HU Professional Education team in June with the next steps, including scheduling calls between accepted speakers and the planning team.
Please note that this conference will be held virtually this year.
DATE & LOCATION
August 20, 2020
Harrisburg University of Science & Technology
326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA
2020 BSides Harrisburg
BSides Harrisburg Conference is hosted at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology with assistance from the university’s Government Technology Institute and Security Center of Excellence. This annual event brings the local security community together. BSides framework creates a global identity of community-driven security individuals that work to build closer ties locally. BSides Harrisburg’s goal is to form a community of like-minded people who share similar attributes and are looking to expand their knowledge or strength by organizing with others of a shared affinity.
The tracks for the 2020 BSides Harrisburg included:
- Red Teaming or Offensive Security
- Blue Teaming or Defensive Security (SIEM/SOC, etc.)
- Cybersecurity Workshops
- Capture the Flag
More than 300 security professionals from across Pennsylvania and the Mid-Atlantic joined us for the inaugural event. In 2019, more than 75% of attendees came from the private sector, with 11% from the public sector, and 10% from education. Attendees of all titles and positions are welcome to attend the event.
The event includes the following educational sessions:
- 1 keynote: 45 minutes
- 3 tracks with Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced sessions
- Red Teaming or Offensive Security: 45-minute sessions
- Blue Teaming or Defensive Security (SIEM/SOC, etc.): 45-minute sessions
- Hands-On Workshops: 90-minute workshops
- Capture the flag activity: Held throughout the day
Time is allocated between sessions to encourage collaboration and networking.