The Path Forward…Today, Tomorrow, and Beyond
After decades of campaigns and prevention techniques, gaps in the cancer continuum remain—in prevention, early detection, treatment, survivorship and palliation. The 2019 Pennsylvania Cancer Conference will introduce the goals of the new 2019-2023 Pennsylvania Cancer Control Plan and offer evidence-based approaches that can be used by stakeholders to achieve these five-year goals. The plan, developed with input from stakeholders, aims to reduce statewide cancer incidence and mortality and improve quality of life for cancer survivors.
The 2019 Pennsylvania Cancer Conference will offer informative lectures and multidisciplinary panels to:
- Educate participants on Pennsylvania’s five-year cancer control goals and how organizations and individuals can reduce the burden of cancer;
- Introduce the Pennsylvania Department of Health statewide public health approach to Cancer Genetics and Genomics Report;
- Discuss key evidence-based approaches to support prevention, screening, diagnosis and treatment, and quality of life in Pennsylvania;
- Inform participants of emerging issues in cancer control including: health economics, behavioral interventions, and patient navigation;
- Provide a forum for networking and relationship building.
Organizations and individuals with an interest in cancer control are invited to join us.
Please visit this link to learn more about Harrisburg parking, lodging, and restaurants.