Protecting Personal Data at Home and Work
Data Privacy continues as a priority for most. In fact, according to Pew Research 93 percent of Americans considered it important to be able to control who could access their personal data but only nine percent said they had “a lot of control”. So how can we better protect personal data both at home and work? And what should we expect relative to new state and federal laws governing the collection, use and destruction of personal data.
Join us to learn about best practices in safeguarding personal data whether it is your data, or the data you are managing data on behalf of a client or citizen.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
9:00am- 9:45am- Welcome (Kelly Powell-Logan, Harrisburg University) |2023 Data Privacy Landscape and Trends
9:55am-10:35am: Data Privacy Plans and Assessments- Tools and Techniques to Measure and Mitigate Risk
10:45am-11:25am: Major Risks to Data Privacy at Home/Virtual Workplace and Remediation Strategies
11:35am-12:15pm: Major Risks to Data Privacy at Work and Remediation Strategies:
12:15pm- 1:00pm: LUNCH
1:00pm-1:40pm: National Data Privacy Perspectives from Major County Governments
1:50pm-2:30pm: Data Privacy Perspectives from Pennsylvania Local Governments and Schools
2:40pm-3:20pm: Window into the Future of Data Privacy Strategies and Initiatives
3:20pm-3:25pm: Closing Remarks
Please use the chart below to assist when self-reporting this event to your IAPP certification account. All non-IAPP activity must be self-reported, but this form is meant to make the process easier for you.
Here’s how you submit this event:
- Access your IAPP account and navigate to the CPE Submission Form: https://iapp.org/certify/cpe-submit/
- Choose the appropriate certification(s) you would like to submit the CPE credits for. The “Applicable Certifications” section below is based on the agenda we’ve received from the event sponsor. If your certification doesn’t appear below, but you’ve attended a session that relates to your certification, you may submit the credits to your account.
- Enter the date of the session.
- Enter the number of CPE credits earned for the event you attended; this information is outlined in the chart below.
- Select “NonIAPP Conference or Event” on the “Professional education activity” drop-down menu.
- Enter the title of the session in the notes section if you choose, or other identifying details.
- Hit submit! The credits are immediately added to your account.
Still have questions? We’re here to help! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.